World Lung Day 2022: Day functions of every human body are like digesting food, moving muscles, thinking, and most needed is oxygen. But which part of our body plays a significant role get pure and healthy oxygen? Of course, it’s lungs. What to try and do to keep up a healthy lung with a decent oxygen level? And what you must not? Let’s get in-depth about the lungs to survive more. The lung’s essential function is to send oxygen from the surface atmosphere into the bloodstream and expel carbon dioxide through breathing. The diaphragm triggers this process. Lungs are what produce the air that humans must speak. Your body always sends messages to your brain, indicating how much oxygen and carbon dioxide are in your blood.
Depending on how busy you’re, your brain will send signals to the respiratory muscles to vary the speed at which you breathe. When you’re active, your breathing rate can increase to 40-60 times per minute to stay up with the increased demand. As a result, oxygen delivery to your muscles accelerates, allowing them to work more efficiently. In addition, the increased breathing ensures no carbon dioxide build-up in your bloodstream. Lungs condition and respiratory issues are affected by sickness, genetics, and the environment. We might not think about our lungs while considering our health straight away. But like every other organ, our lungs inevitably deteriorate with time.
Dr Mohd Vaseem, Senior Pulmonologist, Kamineni Hospitals, Hyderabad, shares precautions to deal with various lung diseases.
Lung disease is defined as any problem within the lungs that prevents the lungs from functioning normally. Lung infection is categorized into two kinds:
- Diseases of the airways: These diseases impact the tubes (airways) that transport oxygen and other gases into and out of the lungs. They typically cause narrowing or obstruction of the airways. Examples are Asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), and bronchiectasis. Abnormal fluid accumulation throughout the lungs (pulmonary edema) and obstructive lung artery (pulmonary embolus). People with airway diseases frequently describe their sensation as “trying to exhale through a straw.”
- Diseases of pulmonary circulation: These disorders impact the blood vessels within the lungs. They’re caused by blood vessel clotting, scarring, or inflammation. They impair the lungs’ ability to absorb oxygen and expel carbon dioxide. These diseases may also have an impact on heart function. The simplest example of the pulmonary circulation is Pulmonary hypertension. When these people exert themselves, they often check out of breath.
How To Clean Lungs?
If you have recently quit smoking, are frequently exposed to air pollution, or want to promote good respiratory health, you may wonder how to clean your lungs naturally. Cleansing your lungs is surprisingly simple there are a variety of self-care measures and lifestyle changes that may aid in the lungs’ self-cleaning process and help clear out everyday toxins.
Lung Detoxification Methods
Your overall health greatly depends on the condition of your lungs. Try these lung cleansing methods to ensure you can feel your best:
- Utilizing steam therapy by taking a hot shower or inhaling steam from a boiling pot of water might help open the airways and facilitate the removal of mucus from the lungs.
- Consuming green tea may be the answer to clearing your lungs.
- Purchase an air purifier. To create a healthier indoor atmosphere, consider investing in an air purifier, either a whole-home system or a small unit for different rooms.
- Regular low impact exerciseespecially aerobic exercises like cycling, swimming, and dancing, can enhance lung function, raise oxygen levels, and offer various other health advantages.
Make sure the pillows are free of dust and dirt. Then, at least once a fortnight, wash the clothes with boiling water.
Do not allow pets to enter the bedroom and sit on top of the furniture.
Don’t put carpets in the bedroom. Also, don’t put stuffed toys in bedrooms.
Make sure that the humidity in the home environment is not too high. Keep an eye on the quality of the air coming into the home
Stay away from places meant for smoking.
Do not use harsh cleaners and acids to clean home flooring and bathrooms.
Keep stress under control. Avoid Smoking.
Do not exercise outdoors on extremely cold or hot days.
When lung disease symptoms appear, go to the hospital without delay and find tested.
If there are any respiratory problems, early consultation with the doctor can help to seek out the cause and treat it properly – by prescribing precautions, lung diseases will be fully controlled.
Total Wellness is now just a click away.
Follow us on