Starting in January 2018, Community Day is a monthly event in Pokémon GO that shines the spotlight on a particular Pokémon. For one day each month, a Pokémon selected by Niantic will have its spawn rate increased during a block of hours. Also, the Shiny appearance rate for the starring Pokémon will be boosted. There are also other perks to Community Day – such as the featured Pokémon knowing at least one exclusive attack through evolution, increased duration for Lure Modules, Event Boxes, and more.
While Community Day is only one day a month (typically), Pokémon appearing in Community Days from January to November of the same calendar year will come back in December. The Community Day hosted in December is a two-day event where Community Day Pokémon from the same and previous year will return via Raids, Eggs, and increased spawns. So if you’re unable to partake in a specific Community Day, there’s always another chance to catch that Pokémon again (and its Shiny version)!
In addition to that, Niantic brought back Community Days of old with Community Day Classic! Debuting in January 2022, this spin-off event resembled Community Days from 2018, but with some additional event bonuses (namely photobomb encounters).
Please note that the standard hours for Community Day have changed. Niantic has started to use the old “11 am to 2 pm OR 2 pm to 5 pm your local time” block for Community Day events going forward, starting with April 2022. In addition to this, starting with June 2022, a five-hour-long Raid-focused event called Bonus Raid Battles after Community Day has been implemented. Due to this “sub-event”, the evolution time to get the Community Day exclusive move has been extended.
When will Pokémon GO’s July 2022 Community Day take place?
July 2022’s Community Day will be happening on Sunday, July 17th, 2022 from 11 am to 2 pm your local time.
What Pokémon is showcased on July 2022‘s Community Day?
The Pokémon featured for this July 2022’s Community Day is starly. You’ll find that Starly will be appearing more frequently in the wild and, if you’re lucky, you might even encounter a Shiny one!
What is the exclusive attack for July 2022’s Community Day?
Evolve Starly into Staravia into Staraptor (via 125 Starly Candies, or only 100 Starly Candies if you evolve from Staravia to Staraptor) and you’ll have a Staraptor that will know Gus (Fast Attack).
Gust’s attack stats are the following:
- Trainer Battles: 16 power
- Gyms and Raids: 25 power
Note: This attack can only be learned when Staravia is evolved in Staraptor (via 125 Starly Candies, or only 100 Starly Candies if you evolve from Staravia to Staraptor) on Sunday, July 17th, 2022 from 11 am to 7 pm your local time.
Are there any bonuses for July 2022‘s Community Day?
Yes, the bonuses for Community Day are:
- 3× Catch XP
- 2× Candy for catching Pokémon
- 2× chance to receive Starly Candy XL from catching Starly
- Lure Modules activated during the event will last for three hours
- Incense activated during the event will last for three hours
- One additional special trade can be made during the event and up to five hours afterward for a maximum of three for the day (will stack with Season of GO’s Special Trade bonus)
- Trades made during the event and up to five hours afterward will require 50% less Stardust
- Take a few snapshots during Community Day for a surprise! (Starly photobomb spawn. Can be repeated up to 5 times.)
Group Play Bonus
Work together with other trainers to unlock additional bonuses in that location!
- If enough Pokémon are caught by Trainers with help from a single Lure Module, the 3× XP bonus for catching Pokémon near the Lured PokéStop will be increased to a 4× bonus XP for 30 minutes.
- This bonus will not stack with the base 3× Catch XP bonus and will instead replace it for the duration.
Note: These bonuses are only active from 11 am to 2 pm your local time and do not apply to the Bonus Raid Battles after Community Day event.
Are there any special Raids for July 2022‘s Community Day?
For July 2022’s Community Day, there will be a special Bonus Raid Battles after Community Day event.
on Sunday, July 17th, 2022 from 2 pm to 7 pm your local time special Four-Star Raids featuring Staravia will be appearing at Gyms.
Four Star Raid Bonuses
- Defeating a Staravia Raid during this event will cause Starly to appear in a 300-meter (about 984.252 ft) radius around the Gym (where the Raid took place at) for 30 minutes.
- Shiny rates for Starly will be the same as July 2022 Community Day’s event from 11 am to 2 pm your local time.
Four-Star Raid Limitations
- These Raids can only be accessed with Raid Passes and Premium Battle Passes.
- Remote Raid Passes cannot be used.
What is the Special Research Story for July 2022‘s Community Day?
The Community Day Special Research Story is called Field Notes: Starly. It’s a paid-for quest that costs $1.00 USD (or the equivalent pricing in your local currency).
Are there any Event Bundles for July 2022‘s Community Day?
There are a few Event Bundles available during Community Day. Notable bundles include the following:
- Community Day Box (1,280 PokéCoins, limit 1): 50 Ultra Balls, 1 Elite Fast TM, 5 Super Incubators, and 5 Lucky Eggs.
- Event Box (480 PokéCoins, limit 1): 30 Ultra Balls, 1 Incense, 2 Super Incubators, and 1 Lure Module.
Are there any special event-themed stickers for July 2022‘s Community Day?
Yes – there will be an assortment of Starly-themed stickers. You can get them by spinning PokéStops, opening Gifts, and/or purchasing them from Pokémon GO’s in-game shop during the event.
Are there any other bonuses/tasks for July 2022‘s Community Day?
Yes, Niantic has begun to host In-Person Activations and Virtual Activations in select cities. For a full list of available locations (US), you can check out the interactive map on the dedicated blog post on the official Pokémon GO blog OR check out your region’s official Pokémon GO blog. Interactive maps also include “Popular Parks”, but these locations will not have any additional bonuses available.
- In-Person Activations: Can easily partake in the Group Play Bonus and/or receive other perks (such as free swag if there’s an Amazon Prime rep on site).
- Virtual Activations: PokéStops will give out more items.
More Pokémon GO Community Day guides
Looking for more help with Pokémon GO’s Community Days? Check out our latest guides!
More Pokemon GO guides
Looking for more help with Pokemon GO? Check out our other guides!